Na ‘Aina Kai is open and offering tours. We are currently offering the following tours:
Walking Tour (self-guided) – Wednesday and Thursday, 9:30 a.m. to noon
The Ride – Tuesday and Friday
The Bird Tour – Wednesday
Reservations are required. Please call 808-828-0525 to make your reservation in advance.
As restrictions are lifted we will resume all of our customary guided tours.
On the Walking Tour you will find the Formal Gardens are graced by Shower Tree Park, Ka’ula Lagoon with its plunging waterfall and tropical island, a Japanese teahouse, a Desert Garden, a Palm Garden, and more than 30 bronze sculptures. We will have volunteers at various locations in the Formal Gardens to answer questions. The cost is $20 per person and children four (4) and under are free.
On The Ride you will enjoy a riding tour of both the Formal Gardens and the Wild Forest Garden on a covered open-air cart. Visit our miniature Hawaiian ahupua’a, Athabascan Village, and Horticultural Amusement Garden. Discover the abundance of exotic tropical flowers and foliage and be charmed by the extensive bronze sculpture collection. This tour gives a wonderful overview of the scope and variety of the Gardens. The cost is $55 per person; must be age 13 or older.
The Bird Tour features area of habitat that some of Kauai’s native birds call home. Na ‘Aina Kai is one of the few places in the Hawaiian Islands where one can view Laysan Albatross nests. The Gardens’ permanent ponds are home to two critically endangered species, the Hawaiian goose (nene) and the Hawaiian moorhen, both of which nest here. Other birds you may see are red-footed boobies, tropicbirds, great frigate birds, and pacific golden-plover. The cost is $60 per person; must be age 13 or older.
NA ‘AINA KAI HAS IMPLEMENTED THE FOLLOWING MEASURES:
- Space is limited and tours must be booked in advance by calling the Visitor Center at (808) 828-0525. No walk-ins will be allowed.
- All persons five (5) years of age or older are required to wear a face covering over their nose and mouth while indoors. While outside all persons five (5) years of age or older are required to wear a face covering over their nose and mouth in any setting in which they are in close contact (within 6 feet) of people who do not live in their immediate household.
- Guests must practice social distancing, leaving at least six feet between visitors in the Gardens.
- Staff will be cleaning high-touch and high-traffic areas including door handles, hand railings, and restrooms with increased frequency.
- Guests should wash their hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer if handwashing is not possible.
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well or think you may have been in contact with someone who was ill.